Did you catch the Facebook Live where Heather and I made this delicious recipe from her new book? It literally took me 10 minutes to make! We could all use some wonderful standy-by recipes that are quick and easy. This is one of those recipes!
Curried Mango Chickpea Wrap
Yields 3 servings
by Heather Nicholds
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 to 4 tablespoons water
- 1 14-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained, or 1 1/2 cups cooked
- 1 cup diced mango
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 3 large whole-grain wraps
- 1 to 2 cups shredded green leaf lettuce
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the tahini, lime zest and juice, curry powder, and salt until the mixture is creamy and thick. Add 3 to 4 tablespoons water to thin it out a bit. Or you can process this all in a blender. The taste should be strong and salty, to flavor the whole salad.
2. Toss the chickpeas, mango, bell pepper, and cilantro with the tahini dressing.
3. Spoon the salad down the center of the wraps, top with shredded lettuce, and then roll up and enjoy.
Options: Substitute lettuce leaves for whole-grain wraps. Use a sturdy type of lettuce, like Boston, Bibb, or butter lettuce, or spoon the lling into endive leaves if you’re okay with their slightly bitter avor.
Recipe from The Plant-Based Diet Meal Plan by Heather Nicholds.
Shared with permission.